Hair. You may have heard that hair can help with the Gulf Coast Oil Spill. And it can. The need for hair to soak up the BP mess is crucial and Tennessee businesses in the hair business, including barber shops, salons and vets, are gathering all the hair they cut and sending it to the Gulf Coast to give a helping hand.
I set out this morning to write a pithy, yet clever dissertation on the wonders of the hair boom. However, I was sadly disappointed when I saw that the Powers That Be (PTB) determined late yesterday that the hair boom wasn’t technically feasible to work. I’m not going to sit here and tell you I know what that means, but I do know that I don’t think we stop collecting hair for this idea either. We have a video at the end of this post that is pretty incredible of the valuable power of hair where you can see it yourself.
Apparently bloggers were enjoying the weekend and walked away from their computers yesterday to a large degree. That is good. Can’t have a cyber life unless you have a real one first.
- In a post from Friday, Southern Beale writes about sending BP a message.
- Sidney Chism has a date set for his annual picnic in Memphis. Rowdy politics at its best and this is where it gets serious.
- Michael Silence breaks down the bear (not a euphemism but a real gosh-darned bear) in his Sunday Column at KNS.
- Cuppa Joe talks Lost. I am a Lost junkie as well so I’m preparing for the withdrawal symptoms to hit about midnight.
- A peaceful protest is scheduled for today against Westboro Baptist Church in Nashville until noon. It started this morning at 7 a.m.
- For graduates of 2010, this is supposed to be a time of hope and rebirth into the next phases of their lives. Unfortunately, times are grim.
- About 60 pets still are displaced in Dyersburg, but folks are giving a helping hand.
Finally, from the fabulous Squirrel Queen, we get this: