This weekend is the Memorial Day holiday which is also known as Decoration Day. If you see anyone selling poppies today, buy one. The holiday is about reconciliation and honoring those people who gave their lives. It’s more than a long-day weekend, my friends.
It is also the weekend of Steve Steffens infamous Bratfest in Memphis. Democrats, friends and politicians get together and talk political
philosophy. It’s been a Memphis tradition for years and more recently it’s been a place where bloggers from around the state have also showed up to meet and greet. The political party season has begun in Memphis, which is always very interesting in any campaign year. Hope to see you there.
- I think Southern Beale is right. I don’t think BP wants you to see this.
- Congress advance repeal of Don’t Ask Don’t Tell. Grand Divisions has the Tennessee Roll Call.
- President Barack Obama says the government is in charge of the Oil Spill. I’m not so sure, but we will see. And Helen Thomas trended today on Twitter for sorta kicking his hiney. She kicks all the president’s butts. It’s kind of a tradition.
- Umm, tearing down the Union Avenue United Methodist Church at Cooper and Union for a CVS? Well, I have spent a lot of time in Midtown recently and I can say that they ain’t (yes I said Ain’t. Shut up) pharmacy poor in that area. Wha … ?
- Hutchmo and Enclave talk about the moving of the Greyhound Bus Terminal in Nashville.
Blogging may be a bit light today. Get out there, campers and enjoy the weekend.