In the west side of the state, we are dealing more with slush and ice today from the unexpected snow storm that rocked our faces earlier this week. It’s a mess.
But things in the political world continued despite Mother Nature having a good laugh at our surprise.
- Mayor AC Wharton says he will do what it takes to help First Lady Michelle Obama with her new program on childhood obesity.
- Aunt B. asks a question on HB0766 and finds something interesting.
- Richard Conover has a list of book he recommends for Democrats including those elected in office.
- The Chrone Speaks gives a history lesson on banking excesses and what can be done now needs more than just complaints, it needs activism.
- Former democratic head Terry McAuliffe who ran, and lost, the Virginia governor’s race has a Memphis connection on a business deal with International Paper Corporation.
- Brittney Gilbert. who was the the face and voice of Nashville is Talking, who brought hundreds of bloggers in Middle Tennessee together talks about the site going dark on Friday with a behind the scenes perspective of her time working with others building a legacy.
- Renee isn’t happy with Montel Williams and she tells you why at The Intersection of Madness and Reality.
- What happened and what’s in store is on Brad Watkins mind in regards to homelessness in Memphis at Confessions of a West Tennessee Liberal.
- Sharon Cobb talks about Rep. Steve Cohen and says progressives need to help him out.
- A Tennessee lawmaker wants to enforce liquor laws more tightly, but is getting some resistance who say that he’s comparing apples and oranges.
- Finally, if you are done with politics, you might want to visit Criggo, where you will find some interesting items in small town newspapers’ classified sections like this charmer.